Friday, December 19, 2014

Back from Hiatus

This blog has been neglected over this last year, as there have been many changes for me since December 2013.  In the last year, I've moved from my beloved home state of Maine to Massachusetts - and then moved again.  I've transitioned from a job as a work-from-home software developer to a road warrior .. a support consultant traveling all over the country.  And the biggest change - I lost my best friend and four-legged hiking companion, Jack, to cancer in July of this year.  It's been a year of changes - some positive, and one very large negative.  Along the way, I lost track of this blog and have not posted in quite a while.

With the new year coming, I feel it's time to get back on track with writing.  I can't restrict my posts to adventures in Maine, though, as much as I would like to.  So consider this blog re-born as a catalog of all of the awesome adventures that I find myself taking part in.  I will start with several posts about some key events from the last few months, but going forward - expect posts to come with a more regular cadence as I explore not just Maine, but everything I can possibly take in.

Life is short, and it is meant to be lived.  Jack taught me that.  Now I intend to get out there and do it.

RIP Jack - 2007-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment